WN Abstract Wine Bottles

WN Abstract Wine Bottles on cork. I fused SF101 stabilizer to the back of the cork. Embroidered the 8 X 10 design onto the cork using a topper to keep stitches raised. Framed with glass as it was to be hung in a kitchen

8 Likes

wow amazing work!! Do you mind adding/posting a close-up picture?

1 Like

This is a request for a close up for detail of stitching.

3 Likes

thank you kindly, is truly beautiful !!! :sunglasses: :heart_eyes: :rose:

Wow that looks so good…and thank you for the information on how to stitch this design out on Cork. I have never stitched on cork, but now I need to try it… but first I must get the design.

1 Like

The cork makes this so amazing!

2 Likes

Love this. I’m in agreement with everyone’s comments. I’ve only stitched on cork once. Is it necessary to use added stabilizer to back of cork?

I fused 101 to the back before stitching. I made this for my son in his new home and he loves it!

Why did you fuse 101 to back? I thought cork would be stable as is. I’ve fused 101 on cotton. Did you have to use extra care when fusing onto cork backing? I’ve only done a tiny simple stitch design on cork and just hooped it using sticky back stabilizer.

I just thought that is would help to hold the shape of design as it stitches out. I guess I just used the same care to fuse as I always do. I just try different ways to handle fabric or materials that I want to embroidery to find better ways. I just did several jackets, I entered them, and fused 101 to make sure they did not stretch.

Thanks. Info helped. I also use 101 to fuse back of fabrics. It really helps. I haven’t worked on cork except for one little project. I can’t wait to try something like you did. Yours was stunning! Again, thanks for response.

1 Like