A Blanket of Snow

My Christmas season quilt. I used several of the snowflake embroideries as well as painting and appliquing the swirls and large snowflake. The snowflakes were done with 3 silver metallic threads. I marked the quilt where I wanted them and placed a hoop. The applique is crystal organza and I used pearl acrylic paints on the large snowflake. This is my own whlolecloth pattern and I quilted it on my longarm machine, then I cut the feathered edge, hand turning to finish. I also applied around 3000 Swarovski crystals…this one really glitters at night! I used the Elegant Snowflakes designs. Elegant Snowflakes Machine Embroidery Designs Kreations by Kara Embroidery Designs

9 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous! You are very creative and talented, just awesome!

1 Like

Thank you!! Kara has some other designs I’m thinking about using for another wholecloth.

1 Like

Look forward to seeing your projects!

Wow. The feathered edge is incredible. The whole quilt is Wonderful. It really evokes winter.

so beautiful !!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you! Took a while!

Glad you like it! Thank you!

Beautiful! Love everything about it. You did a remarkable job. Be proud!

Thank you! Just ordered some more thread to start another one…the kids are fighting over who gets this one!

This is absolutely stunning. The textures you were able to make are out of this world. Like a gentle puffy snow on a soft fir ground.